Here are some common questions and answers about Danton’s Fireplaces & Stoves

Where are you based and when are you open?

We have 3 showrooms:-

Phoenix Business Park, Mill Lane,
Beverley, HU17 9DH
01482 866990
Mon-Sat 9am-5pm
(Sunday & Bank Holiday Monday Closed)

Jackson Place, Wilton Road,
Humberston, DN36 4AS
01472 211112
Mon-Sat 9am-5pm
(Sunday & Bank Holiday Monday Closed)

27 Warren Road,
Scunthorpe, DN15 6XH
01724 847444
Mon-Sat 9am-5pm
(Sunday & Bank Holiday Monday Closed)


What areas do you cover?

We cover most of Yorkshire and Lincolnshire but can cover further afield if requested.

Can you arrange installation?

We can arrange installation on your behalf for all of our products through a team of highly qualified, approved and registered installers, saving you the hassle of finding someone yourself. We liaise directly making it a seamless process.

What products do you sell?

We sell fires, fireplaces and stoves in gas, electric and solid fuel.

Why are there no prices on your website?

There are lots of variations on the type of products we sell which can affect the cost. Also our service is built on advice to make sure you are looking at the right product to suit your needs, ensuring when you are quoted it is accurate and the best price we can offer. This means you get the best service and the best price all rolled into one. However our Special Offers Page does have prices and you can buy direct from their too.

Do you do interest free credit?

Yes we do. 0% Interest free for 12 months. Please ask instore for more details

I have no chimney or flue in my property - what choice do I have?

You can still install virtually any product you wish depending on your budget. If you have no flue and wish a solid fuel or wood burning product then you can still have one but you will need a Twin Walled Chimney Flue system in your home – these can be internal or external. For Gas, balanced flue fires are available that vent straight out the back onto an outside wall – all balanced flue fires are glass fronted for effeciency and come complete with flue kits. If you require an open fronted gas fire then a powerflue gas fire is what you require, although please be aware that unlike balanced flue you will need a 13amp electricity supply to power the fan unit. Finally if you dont have an outside wall where you want the fire/fireplace then we offer a full range of electric fires that can be fitted flat to a wall or semi inset providing you have the depth.

Does my purchase come with a warranty?

Yes. All products sold from us (with the exception of spare parts) come with a minimum 12 months gaurantee. Most come with more depending on the manufacturer. To keep an extended warranty valid you must service your stove/gas fire every 12 months from the date of installation.

Is it safe to purchase from yourselves online by card?

Absolutely. We work with the very best card encryption companies to ensure that all online transactions are 100% secure.

Will my chimney need lining or swept before the installation?

This depends. If your using a fire in the flue at the moment and its working fine then historical data would suggest you are fine. If you notice smoke coming out of chimney stack or multiple pots then this would generally highlight a problem so it may need re-lining. We would suggest that a HETAS approved installer for solid fuel or a GAS SAFE engineer for gas survey your property before installation to check beforehand. If your chimney is leaking then re-lining is the best option as its quick, safe and offers a minimum 10 years gaurantee on the liner.

What output do I need to heat my room?

To produce a comfortable room temperature of around 21º/22º Celsius (70º Fahrenheit), when the outside temperature is 0º, you will need about 1kW of heat for every 14 cubic metres of space. 1kW is the equivalent of approximately 1 bar of an electric fire. The following formula and example will give you a reasonable guide to the heat output you are likely to need. To establish the cubic capacity of the room, measure the length by the width by the height, for example a room that is in the region of 6.5 metres. (21ft. 6″) x 4.5 metres. (15ft.) x 2.4 metres high (8ft.) will require a stove of about 5kW output to adequately heat its 70.2 cubic metres.

Do I need an air vent?

An air vent is only required when the output of a Solid Fuel Stove is OVER 5kw. Upto and including 5kw should not require an air vent installing. Please note that for all open fires in a fireback/grate then an air vent is required as standard. For gas its anything OVER an input of 6.9kw. Most gas fires are set to input at 6.9kw so dont require a vent but anything over that will require one. An air vent can be installed anywhere in the same room as the fire – you can have one in the floor or wall but they cannot be blocked in by anything. Please consult your installer for more information.

Is there a charge for delivery in the UK?

There is a surcharge for delivery within the UK. Small items will be sent by courier such as Royal Mail or DPD and heavier items such as Stoves will need to be despatched using a third party pallet courier. Please contact us for more information with your postcode so we can calculate the delivery charge. We can also deliver offshore to the Channel Islands for a charge.

How soon will my goods by delivered?

Most products are usually in stock so would be delivered within 3 working days. For non stock items then it may take a little longer. Please contact us for details before placing your order so that we can check should you require something quickly.

Still need help? Give us a call on any of the numbers below!